Reporting Fraud, Waste or Abuse
The Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller is committed to preventing fraud and maintaining an environment in which internal controls can be established and improved. A crucial element of internal control is a mechanism for preventing and detecting fraud, waste and abuse of County resources.
The Clerk has contracted with Red Flag Reporting - an independent, external hotline service provider. Employees and citizens can anonymously report unethical behavior and potential fraud, waste or abuse by employees, contractors, vendors, or other entities that have a business relationship with the County.
What to Report:
- Theft, waste or misuse of County assets or resources
- Violations or circumvention of County policies, local laws, rules or State or Federal regulations
What Not to Report:
- General complaints, suggestions or personnel issues
- Issues of extreme urgency, such as threat of violence or harassment
How to Report
We encourage reporting via the RedFlag Reporting fraud hotline:
- Reports can be made 24/7/365 via the internet (www.redflagreporting.com)
- Toll-free number (1-877-647-3335).
**To file report you must use this client code: citrusres
To report issues with an agency other than the BOCC or Clerk’s office, contact one of the following:
- Citrus County Health Department 352-527-0068
- Citrus County Mosquito Control 352-527-7478
- Citrus County Property Appraiser 352-641-6600
- Citrus County Sheriff's Department 352-726-4488
- Citrus County Supervisor of Elections 352-341-6740
- Citrus County Tax Collector 352-341-6500
- City of Crystal River 352-795-4216
- City of Inverness 352-726-2611
 By virtue of the Florida Whistleblower Act, employees who report suspected fraud are protected from retaliation by management or other employees.