No Dependent / Minor Children or Property


May be used when a spouse is filing for a dissolution of marriage, and the couple have no marital assets and/or marital liabilities and they do not have any dependent children, nor is the wife now pregnant. You and/or your spouse must have lived in Florida for at least 6 months before filing for a dissolution in Florida.

If you and your spouse agree on all issues and can both attend the hearing, you may want to file a petition for simplified dissolution of marriage, Florida Family Law Rules of Procedure Form 12.901 (a). However, you may only file this form if all of the following are true:
  • You have no marital assets or marital debts.
  • Neither you nor your spouse is seeking support (alimony).