Florida Statute 28.246(4) gives the Citrus County Clerk of Court the authority to offer payment plans which allows for partial payments of traffic citations and court related fines until paid in full. The plan will exclude any court ordered restitution, as this will need to be paid separately. There is an administrative fee of $25.00 to set up a payment plan pursuant to F.S. 28.24(26).
A monthly payment which is outlined in the agreement is required to be paid on time to avoid a defaulted payment plan. Should a payment plan default, delinquency fees will be added, your driving privileges will be suspended, and additional collections fees will be added.
Setting up a payment plan
Fill out the Personal Data Form for Payment Plan Agreement (PDF) and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will contact you via email within 48 business hours to let you know if your case is eligible for a payment plan and to help you through the process. The $25.00 administrative fee is due with the signed payment agreement. A payment plan will not be active until all required documents and payments are received.
Monthly payments can be made with Automatic Withholding (ACH), online, in person, through the mail, or over the phone. Payments made with a credit card are subject to a service fee from the credit card vendor. Be sure to include your name and case number to ensure proper credit to your case.
Automatic Withholding (ACH)
- ACH is a form of automatic payment. Once you set this up, payment is drafted from your bank account and applied directly to your case.
- 1.) Fill out completely and sign the Automatic Withholding Form (ACH) and submit to email@example.com
- 2.) Submit a voided check from the bank account being signed up. Deposit slips, starter checks with bank printed personal information, and documentation from the bank printed on bank letterhead will also be accepted
- 3.) You can choose from our two withdraw dates, the 10th or the 20th of each month depending on your payment plan due date. Your chosen withdraw date needs to be at least 4 days before your payment plan due date
To cancel/change your Automatic Withholding:
- Any changes or cancellations to your ACH Automatic Withholding must be submitted 5 business days before the scheduled withdraw date
- The change or cancellation must be submitted in writing. Please Fill out completely and sign the ACH Automatic Withholding Cancellation Form (PDF) and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Payments can be made online with a credit card. The online payment center can be used 24 hours a day to ensure timely payments. There is a service fee for using a credit card and any payment made after 4pm will be posted the following business day.
Payment by cash, check, money order or credit card can be made at our office located at :
Citrus County Courthouse
Clerk of Court
110 N Apopka Ave
Inverness, FL 34450
Check or money order can be mailed to :
Citrus County Clerk of Court
110 N Apopka Ave
Inverness, FL 34450
To make a payment by phone, please call (844) 400-6727 Monday - Friday 7am - 12am and Saturday - Sunday 9am - 6pm EST. There is a service fee for processing payments over the phone. Once you have submitted your payment, you will receive an email from the credit card vendor letting you know if the court has accepted or rejected your payment. Please be sure to have your case number ready when calling to ensure proper credit to your case.
Payment plans cannot be reinstated. If a payment plan is defaulted, the balance is due in full or may be eligible for a renegotiated payment plan prior to the balance being sent to collections.
A written request is required to begin this process. This can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the Courthouse.
If the request is approved, the party must accept the following stipulations in their entirety to be placed on a new payment plan:
1) Catch up all outstanding payments due on payment plan and pay any state assessed delinquency fees on the case
2) The new payment plan will be assessed the statutory administrative fee of $25.00 (per case) to initiate the plan and is due at the time of sign up.
a. Any payment plan that previously had multiple cases consolidated will be separated
3) Enroll in ACH recurring payments, according to a planned schedule of payments.
4) The monthly payment amount will be determined by the remaining balance of court fines and fees due. We are unable to negotiate this monthly amount.
Amount Remaining on Plan
Monthly Payment Amount
$100.00 to $3000.99
$3001.00 to $5000.99
If a person defaults on a payment plan and does not pay the balance in full, the balance will be sent to a collections agency within 90 days from the date of the last payment pursuant to F.S. 28.246(6).
The Clerk will recall a case from collections one time only and allow for the sign up of a new payment plan with the following requirements:
1) Submit a written request for a new payment plan to firstname.lastname@example.org. This request should include an explanation of a change in circumstances which will allow you to satisfy a new agreement.
2) Fill out a new Personal Data Form for Payment Plan Agreement (PDF) and submit to email@example.com. We will be in touch with you by email within 48 business hours to let you know if your case is eligible for a new payment plan and to begin the process with you.
3) Sign a new Payment Plan Agreement and pay the administrative fee. This agreement will outline your new monthly payment amount and due date.
4) Pay the first month’s payment within 5 business days.
5) Upon receipt of your first month’s payment, you will be eligible to purchase your Affidavit of Reinstatement or D6 Clearance form and your case will be recalled from collections
6) Your next payment will be due within 30 days