The Information Services Department of the Clerk's office is comprised of two divisions: Records and Information Management, and Information Systems. The Information Services division of the Clerk's office is charged with maintaining, protecting and preserving the records of the Clerk's office. We currently have 2 records repositories, 1 is located at the Citrus County Courthouse and the other at the Historic Courthouse.
Florida has a tradition of open government and access to public records. The public records law has been in effect in some form since 1909. Chapter 119, Florida Statutes is the current version of the public records law. Chapter 119 states that "every person who has custody of a public record shall permit the record to be inspected and examined by any person desiring to do so, at any reasonable time, under reasonable conditions, and under supervision by the custodian of the public record or his designee." Information Services is also responsible for oversight of public information, media and communications, emergency management and safety, and mailroom services.
The Clerk's Information Systems division is responsible for the operation and support of information technology equipment, programming, applications, support services, systems administration and network security. This includes, but is not limited to, the email system, website, internal Court Management System, e-filing, Official Records, and other Clerk related applications.
The Information Systems division provides the following services in order to ensure the efficient operation of the Clerk's electronic resources:
- Develops and documents supporting software for the Clerk's financials, court case maintenance, and official records applications.
- Develops and maintains the Clerk's website and content management system.
- Evaluates and procures new hardware and software to improve the office's effectiveness.
- Manages the implementation of new hardware and software systems.
- Manages and maintains data management systems and networks.
- Provides technical support via a help desk.