Citrus County imposing additional policy to enter Courthouse and Clerk Annex:
COVID-19 Announcement RE: Court Hearings:
The Fifth Judicial Circuit (Citrus, Lake, Marion, Sumter, and Hernando) has released Amended Administrative Order 2020-12-C Regarding Court Closure Due to Covid-19 Pandemic, continuing the court closure through Friday, April 17,2020. Only the following hearings will be conducted during the closure:
- First Appearance Hearings
- Shelter Hearings
- Baker Act Hearings
- Marchman Act Hearings
- mergency Guardianship Hearings
- Initial Domestic Violence Injuction Hearings
- Risk Protection Order Hearings
- Juvenile Detention Hearings
- Criminal Arraignments as necessary
- Hearings on petitions for extraordinary writs as necessary to protect constitutional rights
- And any matter that is determined to be related to the immediate and imminent health, welfare and safety of an individual or the general public.
In addition to essential proceedings, all circuit and county courts shall perform, as necessary and applicable, critical proceedings related to the state of emergency or the public health emergency, including but not limited to proceedings related to: violation of quarantine or isolation; violation of orders to limit travel; violation of orders to close public or private buildings; and enforcement of curfew orders.
All hearings are to be conducted via electronic communication to the maximum extent feasible.
The Clerk’s office remains OPEN during this time. Please do not visit any of the Clerk’s Office facilities if you have been to any airport terminal within the past 14 days, been on a cruise ship within the past 14 days, have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or flu-like symptoms.
Please visit our online service center at www.citrusclerk.org for items that you may be able to take care of electronically or over the phone.
The Administrative Order is available in its entirety on the Fifth Judicial Circuit’s website: www.circuit5.org/administrative-orders/
We will continue to post updates on our social media accounts (Facebook/Instagram @CitrusCountyClerk, Twitter @CitrusFLClerk).