Exploitation of Vulnerable Adult Injunction
“Vulnerable Adult” means a person 18 years of age or older whose ability to perform the normal activities of daily living or to provide for his or her own care or protection is impaired due to a mental, emotional, sensory, long-term physical, or developmental disability or dysfunction, or brain damage or the infirmities of aging. The vulnerable adult in imminent danger or being exploited; a person or organization acting on behalf of the vulnerable adult with consent of the vulnerable adult or his or her guardian; or a person who simultaneously files a petition for determinate of incapacity and appointment of an emergency temporary guardian with respect to the vulnerable adult.
Who May File:
- The vulnerable adult;
- The guardian of a vulnerable adult;
- A person or organization acting on behalf of the vulnerable adult with the consent of the vulnerable adult or his or her guardian; or
- A person who simultaneously files a petition for determination of incapacity and appointment of an emergency temporary guardian with respect to the vulnerable adult;
- An agent under a valid durable power of attorney with the authority specifically granted in the power of attorney, may file a petition on behalf of the vulnerable adult;
Because you are making a request to the Court, you are called the petitioner. The person whom you are asking the Court to protect you from is called the respondent.
There is no filing fee.
Vulnerable Adult Packets are available in the Injunction Office of the Citrus County Courthouse
110 N Apopka Ave
Inverness, FL 34450
110 N Apopka Ave Inverness FL 34450
Phone: 352-341-6424Fax: 352-341-6413
Injunction Services are only available at the Citrus County Courthouse.
** If an injunction is needed after business hours, weekends or holidays please call 911.**
Request assistance as early in the day as possible, preferably before 3pm, to allow sufficient time to complete paperwork and for the Court to review your paperwork.
When contacting our office by phone, please select the following prompts to get to the correct department:
- 1 for Payments
- 3 for Traffic and Other Citations
- 4 for Criminal Matters
- 5 for Civil Matters
- 6 for Family Related Matters
- 7 for Jury and Evidence
- 8 for Payment Plan Information
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m
- Baker Act Forms (PDF)
- Dating Violence Injunction (PDF)
- Domestic Violence Injunction With Children (PDF)
- Domestic Violence Injunction Without Children (PDF)
- Marchman Act (PDF)
- Motion for Modification of Injunction Packet (PDF)
- Repeat Violence Injunction (PDF)
- Sexual Violence Injunction (PDF)
- Stalking Injunction Packet (PDF)
- Vulnerable Adult Petition (PDF)