How do I enter a not guilty plea to a civil traffic infraction?
You must notify the Clerk's Office, in person or in writing, within the required time period. Your case will be scheduled for an infraction hearing, at which you will be formally advised of the charge against you. If you enter a plea of not guilty by mail, you must provide your citation number, your correct mailing address, and a day-time telephone number. A notice of hearing will be mailed to you.

It is recommended that you contact our office the day prior to your infraction hearing at 352-341-6433, to verify that your case is still on the court docket and has not been rescheduled.

Show All Answers

1. What types of cases are handled in Traffic Court?
2. What is a criminal traffic charge?
3. What is a civil traffic infraction?
4. When do I have to pay my ticket?
5. What if I can't pay my ticket within 30 days?
6. What happens if I don't pay my ticket on time?
7. Do I have other options besides just paying the ticket?
8. How do I enter a not guilty plea to a civil traffic infraction?
9. Who will be present at the hearing?
10. What happens if the court finds me guilty?
11. Can the Clerk's Office advise me about points assessed against my license?
12. How do I figure out what I owe on my ticket?
13. Why was my case/citation submitted to a collections agency?
14. What happens after my citation/case has been referred to a collections agency?
15. Will this referral hurt my credit rating?
16. What happens to the money I pay for my traffic citation?