How do I e-file if I am an Out-Of-State Attorney?

Pursuant to Florida Rule of Judicial Administration 2.510, an out-of-state attorney wishing to appear in a Florida case must be granted permission by the court where the case is pending by filing a Motion to Appear Pro Hac Vice (PHV). A copy of the Motion is to be sent to The Florida Bar. The Florida Bar will send a letter to the movant with their PHV number.

The attorney must use the PHV number to register with the Portal and e-file future pleadings. Until the attorney receives their PHV number, all pleadings will be e-filed by the local attorney designated in the Motion. If an attorney has a pending case and needs a PHV number, a number will be assigned. For questions on obtaining a PHV number, call The Florida Bar at 850-561-5840.

Show All Answers

1. Who can register to use the ePortal?
2. How do I register for an account?
3. How do I set up an administrator account?
4. Can a non-lawyer be the law firm administrator?
5. My firm has several locations. Can we have a law firm administrator for each location?
6. Is eFiling mandatory?
7. Do I still need to submit the original document to the Clerk?
8. What document types does the ePortal support?
9. What are the formatting requirements for a document?
10. How do I transmit my attachments and exhibits?
11. What do I do with my cover letter?
12. What do I do with my proposed order?
13. Can I file multiple pleadings?
14. How do I sign an electronic document?
15. What is the cutoff for a document to be deemed filed on a certain day?
16. Will there be a charge to use the ePortal?
17. How do I know my documents have been eFiled?
18. How do I obtain certified copies?
19. How will the ePortal provide access to filings once the Clerk accepts them?
20. I need assistance with my ePortal account. Whom do I contact?
21. Why was my filing sent to the Pending Queue and what do I do now?
22. How do I file my summons and retrieve my summons after it is processed?
23. How do I pay filing and other service fees?
24. How do I e-file if I am an Out-Of-State Attorney?
25. Do I need to submit supporting documents to the clerk's office?